Do you love space photography? Do you have a favorite telescopic photo you took of a nebula or a favorite starry nightscape? Then you need to know more about the Space Photography Contest underway at the Cosmosphere!
The top three winners will have a chance to meet astronaut John Herrington, will win cool Cosmosphere swag and will have their photos displayed at the Cosmosphere through January 2023.
- For amateur photographers
- Contest runs now through Nov. 27, 2022
- For ages 16 and up
- May use phone or digital camera
- Metadata required: Location (state/national park or nearest town, state/province, country), camera, lens, exposure details (shutter speed, aperture, ISO). Specify whether the photo is a composite/stack; if it is, specify how many images were used and give exposure details for those images.
- Telescope photos and nightscapes (starry landscapes) are all allowed.
- Composites are allowed. All images included must have been taken at the same location during the same 24-hr period. Exposure details of all included exposures are required.
- File type: .jpg or .png
- DPI: 240 or 300
- Submit up to 2 photos to email@example.com by 11:59 pm on November 27, 2022. Finalists may be asked to send a printed version (if you don’t have access to a photo printer, check out mpix.com).