Spring Break Happenings
March 7, 2023
Spring Break Splashdown is a week of free activities for education and fun coinciding with most school districts’ spring break dates, March 11-19. Cosmosphere will be open every day during that period with extended hours from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Guided Hall of Space Museum Tours at 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on March 11 and 15 and 11:00 a.m. on March 18. These docent-led tours offer insight into the Hall of Space collection and highlight the dramatic history of U.S. and Soviet space exploration. Tours are free with museum admission.
- Pi Day on March 14 (3.14). A Pi scavenger hunt and Pi reciting contest are among the activities that will be available to youth. Details will be available in the Grand Lobby and on Cosmosphere’s social media outlets. All Pi Day activities are free.
- 9 am–3 pm: Students aged 18 and below, can participate in a Pi Reciting Contest, located in the Grand Lobby at the nose of the shuttle. A prize will be awarded, to the participant able to recite the most digits of Pi. Winners will be announced at 3:14 pm. Download the Pi memorization list here.
- 9 am–7 pm: A Pi Scavenger Hunt sheet for students will be available in the Grand Lobby at the nose of the shuttle. Once completed, the sheets can be turned in at the visitor’s desk for a prize.
- Coffee at the Cosmo, a free public lecture series with coffee and refreshments, happens March 16th, 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. in the Banquet Room. Livestreaming is available at cosmomeeting.org. Shannon Whetzel, Cosmosphere’s curator, presents “Apollo’s Amazing Folding Rover: Stories of the Sturdy LRV.”
- Galaxy Hops & Hoops is Cosmosphere’s second annual March Madness watch party, offered in partnership with Young Professionals of Reno County. On Friday, March 17, beginning at 5:30 p.m. and continuing through the final buzzer, hoops fans 21 years and older can enjoy heavy appetizers, craft beer, contests with prizes, and all the March Madness action on six large high-definition screens. Tickets are $15/person for Cosmosphere or YP members and $20/person for the public. Get your tickets here.
For more information, visit cosmo.org or call 800-397-0330.